Our class is made up of year 5 and 6 pupils, Ms Smith as Class Teacher and Mrs Wigley and Mrs Wilson as Teaching Assistants.
This class page is designed to give readers a brief overview of what we are covering in class. We share more detailed information about what we get up to using the Class Dojo app. Parents can request login details via their child's class teacher.
This term our topic is...
We will be:
- Investigating what London is like and making comparisons to Scarcliffe.
- Finding out about things to see and do in London.
- Looking at ways to travel around London.
- Planning a journey from school to 2 different attractions in London and back to school.
- Inventing and creating advertising/marketing for a new open top bus tour of London.
This term will also involve the final push before the SATs (tests) take place for Y6 children during the week beginning 13th May and the residential trip to London for some of the class.
Practice your S P A G!
General sentence structure: http://www.topmarks.co.uk/Flash.aspx?e=spelling-grammar03
Punctuate the sentences with Comma Chameleon
Master your maths!
Hit the button x tables
Place value millionaire.
Fraction matcher (tablet friendly)
Decimal jeopardy (add, subtract and multiply decimals).
Latest Newsround stories
- Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in movies to change
Charity Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in films to change.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?
England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worrie…
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?
A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to d…
- Can you guess which singer this is?
Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- Sir David Attenborough: 'I'm astonished' by Blue Planet plastic impact
The wildlife expert says he's been wowed by how much people are doing to tackle plastic in the ocean…