Our class is made up of year 5 and 6 pupils, Ms Smith as Class Teacher and and Mrs Wigley and Mrs Wilson as Teaching Assistants.
This class page is designed to give readers a brief overview of what we are covering in class. We share more detailed information about what we get up to using the Class Dojo app. Parents can request login details via their child's class teacher.
This term our topic is...
The children will complete various activities around this fantastic book and the cold environment it is set, the different animals they meet, the main characters and their reactions to moving away from home, and how Narnia was a welcome adventure for them.
Online Safety Week
During the week beginning 5th February 2018 Class 4 reviewed and learned about how to use the internet safely and wisely. A vital and important subject matter which changes every day as technology continues to alter. There are so many devices and platforms that we can access the internet, talk to strangers, share personal information, and so much more.
The children completed some activities which explored:
- how things we say can affect other people, as well as what other people say can affect us;
- how strangers can try to get our attention;
- how we should never meet people who we haven't met before;
- that we shouldn't share any personal information;
- things we put on the internet will remain there in some format forever (important to think about especially if wanting to go to University and for when applying for jobs in the future);
- issues around live streaming;
- positive and negative comments;
- and much more.
Class 4 really did the school proud with their work and behaviour on our Remembrance Day. They worked with each other to look at examples of war poetry and then produced their own poems which were amazing and really carefully considered. Then they made poppies for our class wreath.
There were some great projects for our Mexico project produced by the children this term.
Practice your S P A G!
General sentence structure: http://www.topmarks.co.uk/Flash.aspx?e=spelling-grammar03
Punctuate the sentences with Comma Chameleon
Master your maths!
Hit the button x tables
Place value millionaire.
Fraction matcher (tablet friendly)
Decimal jeopardy (add, subtract and multiply decimals).
Latest Newsround stories
- Big Question: What was the first dinosaur?
There are lots of different species of dinosaur but which one was the first?
- The golden karate girl with Olympic dreams
Meet the 11-year-old karate kid who's won gold at an international championships.
- Check out this epic snowball fight!
People in some parts of the USA have been snowed out of school and work, but that just gave them tim…
- Could these girls be future spies?
Ten teams of girls competed in the final of a coding competition
- Huge water pipe burst in California
This huge jet of water burst from a road in California - and flew higher than some buildings!