Come and visit us!
Visits to our school are encouraged and very warmly welcomed. It is important before choosing a school for your child that you go and have a look round whilst the children are in. By doing this you will get a feel for the school, the learning environment and its ethos.
We are very proud of our school and the staff and the children love having visitors.
You can make an appointment to view our school using the contact form on the website or alternatively you an contact the school office.
For information on the admissions process for Scarcliffe Primary School click here:
Our Pupil Admission Number (PAN) is 12 children per year group.
The admission criteria is as follows:
Priority will be given to:
- Looked after children and children who were looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a child arrangements order or special guardianship order).
- Children living in the normal area served by the school at the time of application and admission who have brothers or sisters attending the school at the time of application and admission
- Children living in the normal area served by the school at the time of application and admission
- Children not living in the normal area served by the school but who have brothers or sisters attending the school at the time of application and admission
- In the case of voluntary controlled church schools, children whose parents request a place on religious grounds
- Other children whose parents have requested a place
When in the case of 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 above, choices have to be made between children satisfying the same criteria, those children living nearest to the school(measured by straight line distance) will be given preference.
Upon joining the Redhill Academy in March 2023, we become our own admissions authority. As such, the admissions policy must be published online and can be found below. Please refer to the policy to find details about queries relating to the management of our admissions.
Changing school at other times
You may want to apply for your child to change schools other than when they are due to start primary, junior or secondary education. This could be because of a change of address. You can do this online at any time of year and DCC have added guidance in the changing schools section to help you through the process.
Please remember… You have a legal right to express a preference for which school you want your child to go to. This isn’t the same as being able to choose. Where you have told DCC of a preference for a particular school and there are places they will try to offer you a place at that school. However, there is no automatic right to a place at a particular school and it may not always be possible to offer a place at your preference. For further information please see the secondary appeals or primary and junior appeals web pages.